Making the Most of Your Vegetable Garden
Why Vegetable Garden?
- Living healthier – eat more veggies and increase your outdoor activity level
- Save money on food
- More natural- less chemicals and resources used to grow your food
- Preserving knowledge of growing, preparing and preserving
How Do I Get Started?
Eat What Vegetables You Grow
We all know we should eat more vegetables, but for most people it’s easier said than done. To be better about eating your veggies, find ways to prepare them that are tasty and easy. Fancy gourmet recipes can be fun, but they will soon be abandoned if you have a busy schedule. Instead, master a few staple recipes that go well with lots of meals.
Four Easy Veggies:
- Any steamed vegetable with butter and salt
- Vegetables with a cream sauce or cheese sauce
- Soups and stews
- Fresh salads with simple low fat dressings