Green cleaning supplies can be a better alternative to conventional cleaning supplies, which contain ingredients toxic to you and the environment (see this fact sheet). While the Grist review suggests Borax, most people don't realize what you can do with things you probably already have in your cabinets. They are cheap, safe, and they work.
My bathroom cleaning arsenal contains a box of baking soda, a spray bottle of vinegar water, and Dr. Bronner's Castille soap (multipurpose in the bathroom, more on that later!)
- Sink and tub- baking soda with warm water and a couple drops of Castille soap. Nice and clean, with a fresh scent from the soap
- Toilet- Sprinkle baking soda then spray with vinegar
- Mirrors- Vinegar spray and a microfiber cloth
- Drains- Baking soda, warm water, and vinegar will flush out a clogged drain. (Those zipper things work great too)
- Shower- I keep the vinegar spray bottle next to the shower for a shower spray