Most of us I do not need more 'stuff', and would like to spend less money at the holidays and create less waste.
Wouldn't you like to spend more time at home with your family and less time shopping?
Ideas to save time and money that are good for the environment
- Energy saving gifts- compact fluorescent lightbulbs (may not be exciting, but very useful)
- Reusable grocery bags- compact and attractive bags can be purchased, make your own out of old tshirts (instructions)
- White Elephant Exchange- have everyone wrap up something they already have, can be a lot of fun
- Give gifts in attractive reusable bags or boxes
- Make something - arts and crafts made from things around the house
- Go somewhere together- spend time doing something you all like to do
Jolly and Green, With an Agenda
The Problem With Christmas- Are you brave enough to say no to a high-stress holiday?